Audiologist in St. George, UT – At-Home Maintenance for Hearing Aids
With the current crisis, you are likely waiting to schedule an in-person consultation or may be behind on coming in for your routine check-up. This is a good opportunity to spend some time maintaining and caring for your hearing aids at home. Our audiologist in St. George, UT, provides a few tips for caring for your hearing aids at home.
Home Care Tips for Hearing Aids
Maintaining your hearing aids is crucial for optimal functioning and extending the life of the devices.
- Wipe down your hearing aids with a cotton swab to remove earwax and other debris
- Do not expose your hearing aids to water. Always remove your hearing aids before showering or swimming
- If your device gets wet, immediately wipe down and set out to dry with the battery door open
- Change hearing aid batteries frequently and clean the area to remove any trapped moisture
- Replace the wax guard if you see wax building up to prevent damage to the hearing aids
If you have questions about at-home care for your hearing aids, do not hesitate to contact our office.
We Support You
During this crisis, we want to offer our support as much as possible and help with your concerns any way we can. We understand that many people still need to be evaluated or have questions for our doctor. That’s why we’re offering both in-office appointments and virtual consultations for patients who can be evaluated via video chat or smartphone.
Additionally, we are willing to work with you to get hearing aid batteries delivered to your home. Please contact our office to learn more about these options and how we can help you during this time.
Contact Our Audiologist in St. George, UT, To Learn More!
To find out more, contact us at any of the numbers below. Our friendly team will answer any questions you may have about hearing aids or scheduling a consultation.
St. George, Utah: 435-688-2456
Richfield, Utah: 435-896-8830
Cedar City, Utah: 435-865-6761